Douglas Henry Lewis

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Hello lovely people. My name is Douglas Henry Lewis Jr or D. Lewis for short. I am currently 20 years of age, hailing all the way from the Capital City of Raleigh, NC. I currently attend North Carolina A&T State University. I was born and raised in Raleigh, North Carolina and moved to Greensboro in August of last year to finish out my degree in business. After that, I hope to advance towards my career in the business of fashion in New York City.


Simply put, I live, breathe, and eat style. It is an integral part of who I am. I'd like to think it has been with me ever since I was an infant. My style is a juxtaposition of my southern roots and my metropolitan aspirations. I love getting dressed up in a suit and tie largely due to my background in church. It was here that I learned the basics of dressing.


I remember watching my parents get dressed up for service, transforming into a more confident, somewhat invincible version of themselves. I loved that idea of transformation from an early age and still do to this very day. It's what keeps me going. The idea of getting dressed up in the morning being whoever you want to be for that day still thrills me. No matter where you came from or what issues you may be dealing with, put on your best armor and attack the day head-on.

All photography courtesy of Denzel Fleming

Another huge part of my style inspiration comes from my grandmother and grandfather. My grandmother in the way that she carries herself with class and elegance and always taught me to (keep moving forward) no matter what may come my way. My grandfather still inspires me in the literal sense of the way he was always dressed. A huge part of my aesthetic is dapper due to his influence. I hold and cherish my roots at the very core of my style.

- Signed,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

We love to hear insight from our readers! Do not be afraid to share your thoughts, they can only make us better.