Pocket Squares & Tie Bars

Friday, February 03, 2017


Something so amazing happened during this last season of New York Fashion Week: Men's. As I was viewing the Max 'n Chester Autumn/Winter 2017 collection during New York Men's Day, I was approached by the Men's Health Style Team including the Executive Fashion & Grooming Director of the magazine, Bryan Boyé. He said he admired my style and wanted to feature me in an article entitled 17 Awesome Outfits That Are Cooler Than Your T-shirt And Jeans. It's a great article that features some super stylish guys including Mr. Boyé himself. 


I just want to thank God, my late grandfather, & those early issues of Details Magazine for starting my love for pocket squares and tie bars. This was very reaffirming for me to be featured in this article and noted for my love for these particular accessories. It really goes to show that when you stay true to yourself, sooner or later, the universe will respond in a positive way. 

Later on in the day between the slots for New York Men's Day, Jamal and I were photographed in a cobblestone alleyway by fashion photographer, Austin Horton. It happened so randomly but proved to be another great moment during day 1 of New York Fashion Week: Men's. 

All photography courtesy of Austin Horton

The moral of the story is, stay true to yourself, stay true to your style, and always continue to show up and show out because you never know when your opportunity may come!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

We love to hear insight from our readers! Do not be afraid to share your thoughts, they can only make us better.