NYFWM S/S 2018 Day 3

Friday, July 21, 2017

As expected, my final day of New York Fashion Week: Men's was pretty bittersweet as I have never really been fond of the idea of leaving New York...ever. Due to my academic responsibilities in North Carolina, I was forced to cut my fashion week short. Nonetheless, I did enjoy myself thoroughly and experienced some awesome collections from some pretty talented & uber-creative menswear designers. I would like to thank every one of the PR agencies + designers who sent me invitations to these presentations & runway shows. You all have afforded me some truly life-changing experiences.


Without further ado, I bring you Day 3 of NYFWM Spring/Summer 2018... 

YOU AS paid homage to Route 66 & the innate style that comes from being an avid car-driver out west.


The place was filled with smoke accompanied by a mixture of red, blue, and purple lights shining on the clothes. This effect proved to be quite magical and went perfectly with the designer's theme. 


Studded leather jackets, denim, graphic (race-car paraphernalia) t-shirts, jumpsuits, silk pajama shirts, Hawaiian-print details, and sunglasses paired with each and every look evoked the perfect cool. 


LANDLORD's Spring/Summer 2018 collection went down in the history books for me. Not only was it my first time sitting front row, 'twas my first runway show where every single model was of color.


With reggae and early 2000's hip-hop culture inspired get-ups, I was pleased with the designer's ability to recollect the way a vast majority of my peers in urban areas dressed growing up.


The collection was beautiful and featured clothing that I am sure many of my high school and college classmates here in North Carolina would simply die to get their hands on. 


 I was also absolutely thrilled that the highly respected and quite legendary underwear and swimwear designers Parke Lutter and Ronen Jehezkel invited me to attend their 20-year anniversary runway show. 


This magnificent moment in the history of menswear celebrated all of the looks from the designers' successful career all while featuring very wearable pieces for any & every occasion next summer. 


Clusters of models with bodies that seemed as if God carved them himself paraded down the runway in swimwear that is sure to last a lifetime. At the very end, the designers kissed each other and bowed to their loyal flock of fashion followers. Cheers to 20 more years of success!


Last but not least, Matiere's 'Reflections' Run of Show proved to be the perfect ending to a wonderful week of menswear...with complimentary cocktails + hors-d'oeuvres to top it all off. The presentation, taking place at Cadillac House, started off with an energetic and dynamic performance by Alonzo King LINES Ballet & Martha Graham Dance Company that set the entire tone for the show. 


As the performance ended, very fluid and reassuring garments graced the runway in a wide range of crisp, cool, colors, fabrics, and brocades to evoke an unmatched freshness and West-meets-East sensibility.


My faves were this ecru two-piece set (pictured above) and these crazy cool cross-body bags (below). 

All photography courtesy of D H L.

To everyone involved with New York Fashion Week: Men's...I thoroughly enjoyed myself and can't wait until the next season (Autumn/Winter 2018 to be exact) to see even more collections with excellent craftsmanship and ground-breaking concepts executed flawlessly. I'm also excited to experiment with new ways of dressing myself & look forward to even more mind-boggling moments alongside my loyal fleet of fellow fashion followers + friends. 

Until Next Time, 

Monsieur Douglas Henry Lewis

You Might Also Like

0 comments

We love to hear insight from our readers! Do not be afraid to share your thoughts, they can only make us better.