NYFWM S/S 2018 Day 2

Friday, July 21, 2017

I started my day with the new 'Gustav Von Aschenbach' line debuted by my absolute favorite Mr. Robert Geller. Mr. Geller continued his use of extraordinary color and topped it all off with the use of exquisite patterns, accessories, and overcoats that kept me intrigued throughout his rotating doors of looks. 


Brilliantly done -- there were matching doors for each of the models' looks. 


The most magnificent mustard ensemble. As always, Bravo Mr. Geller on a fantastic collection.


This season was my first time seeing a Carlos Campos runway show in person, and I must say that I was blown away by the groundbreaking cuts and colors of this collection. 


The most beautiful blue tones one can think of accompanied by chic black and white shoes + accessories. The Carlos Campos red of this season affirmed that RED will be Huge next summer overall. Even if it's not, I'll be wearing it anyway to simply pay homage.



N-p-Elliott was also a collection in which I was extremely happy to have been given the chance to attend. The clothes were bold, just, and overall a brilliant execution of the designer's imagination. 


This perfectly pink parachute piece stole the show for me and many others. That kind of drape and drama is sure to satisfy my soul. This could be an extraordinary editorial moment. I'm ecstatic to have lived in that moment and witnessed it then.


Finally, for this season Death to Tennis presented a collection with an atmosphere that was nowhere near the magic of Autumn/Winter 2017's. Nonetheless, the clothes and the overall message of the collection was presented clearly and concisely.


As a reaction to the impact that social media and technology have on our daily lives, the brand placed giant mirrors in the space in which models looked at themselves and in their phones, snapping selfies of themselves and sharing their IG accounts with the press. I thought this collection was a real treat and a healthy reminder of the influence that social media plays in our day to day life.


Perhaps the most magical moments of my day included being approached once again on the street to be featured in an article from WWD entitled They Are Wearing: New York Fashion Week: Men's... 

Photography courtesy of Don Stahl for Women's Wear Daily.

...& attending and sitting 2nd row at the Patrik Ervell Spring/Summer 2018 runway show. Upon entering the show I saw the chicest, detail-oriented, extravagant, and lived-in looks by my fellow attendees. It was also here when I met the editor-in-chief of W Magazine, Mr. Stefano Tonchi...

Photography courtesy of my dear friend, Ivan Rey. 

...And finally, I saw Raf Simons' Spring/Summer 2018 collection (even if it was only of the models passing by from the far side of the street). I saw the collection as it happened and in the ambiance that was intended - a Chinese alley in Brooklyn (tying everything in with this season's ongoing theme of travel for me). It was here that I met legendary black fashion journalist of the Washington Post, Robin Givhan (who has attended haute couture and RTW runway shows across seasons and cities abroad, written "The Battle of Versailles," and said that she liked my brooch as I showed her directions of where she should enter the show). I also met Marc Jacobs - who honestly needs no introduction. When I said hello to him he replied, "Um...Hi...Yea" yet I still had to pinch myself.

All photography courtesy of D H L (unless otherwise stated). 

During this day, even more of my dreams came true followed by my spending time on a rooftop of the Jimmy Lounge + Bar sipping Merlot with the most awesome view of Manhattan's skyline. Another magical day of memories made and pages turned in the personal history book of Douglas Henry Lewis. That's it for Day 2. See Day 3 here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

We love to hear insight from our readers! Do not be afraid to share your thoughts, they can only make us better.